March 7, 1951, the Corner Stone was set in the new school.  The box contains a list of Parishioners, Our Lady's message of Fatima, Convert class names, one silver dollar, and a then-current copy of the Indianapolis Star.

July 26, 1951 on the Feast Day of St. Ann, Father Wilberding was separated from military service as a Lieutenant Colonel O.R.C.  His military service of a little more than ten years concluded.

September 2, 1951 was the dedication of the new school by Archbishop Paul C. Schulte.  The sermon in church was delivered by Monsignor Victor Goosens, former pastor of St. Ann's.

On September 4 the enrollment was 199 students.

On November 24, 1951 the Sisters held open house in celebration of the completed remodeling of the Convent.  The classrooms had all been removed.  The Sisters had the entire house for their Convent.

In 1952 the fall festival was held on October 24 and 25 as an experiment to see what success could be had this date and indoors.

December 30, 1952 - "Phooie" - wrote Father Wilberding.  "The odor of a dead cat somewhere in the walls of the Convent will long be remembered.

Nobody can find that cat," he concluded his entry for the day.

Father Wilberding was advised by his Doctor to take things easy.  "Don't try to do everything yourself," he said.

The changes in the rituals of the church began on April 17, 1955, with the first use of English ritual for Baptism.

Tyndall Towne closed July 1, 1955.  This closing takes forty students out of St. Ann's school.

The parishioners gave Father Wilberding a new 1956 Chevy sedan, in appreciation and love for him.  In turn Father gave the monies netted from the sale of his old car to the Societies of St. Ann.  To the school he gave his personal Bell and Howell 16mm sound projector and his personal air conditioner in gratitude for his new car.

Back in 1953, the first boy, Joseph Voelker, born and raised in St. Ann's Parish was ordained and said his first Mass on the 10th of June.

Fr BlackwellOn May 5, 1957 Father William Blackwell's (left) first Mass was celebrated here at St. Ann's, her second son to do so.

In June Father Wilberding celebrated his twenty-fifth anniversary of his ordination.  (1958)

The big news of June 30, 1958 was the announcement of the Holt Road Expressway plan by the Metropolitan Planning Commission of Marion County.

This plan would almost eliminate the present rectory by proposing a right of way of one hundred twenty to one hundred sixty-five feet on Holt Road.

Once again relocation reared its untimely head to disturb the peaceful times.

The Archbishop suggested that St. Ann's sit tight for a while because of all the money that was invested in the new school.  "Maybe," he said, "the county would buy all of St. Ann's property." (This never happened.)

School opened in 1958 with 201 children enrolled.

The "Dead Cat" mystery of December 1952 was solved in April of 1959.  "That cat's remains were found in the cold air ducts by the furnace repair man," Father Wilberding reported.

Final payment on the new school was made to the Archbishop on December 6, 1959.  The school belonged to the people of St. Ann's.

1940-1950    1960-1970